Re: A Glossary or Lexicon of Terms related to Freight Cars

Larry Sexton

Bill,

According to my copy of the 1940 Car Builders CYC, the term is fish-belly
sill, and side sill. I'm not certain about "hatch". If you'd like to borrow
my 1940 copy, and could meet me at the Tampa Fairgrounds train show
tomorrow, you can use it while you are working on your refrigeration book
and look up any of the terms you need. I'll be tied up with finalizing
research and writing my book of my book at least through next summer. I
can't think of a finer person to which to loan my Car Builders CYC. Besides,
I don't particularly like the tone of some of the responses I've read
recently.

Call me tonight or by 12 tomorrow if you'd like to borrow the book.

Larry Sexton

Crystal River, FL