From: STMFC@... [STMFC@...] on behalf of Mike Brock [brockm@...]
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2012 5:57 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: pros and cons of brass bearings?

Denny Anspach writes:

"Athabaska made some very fine low profile conical brass bearing inserts
designed for styrene E&B passenger trucks, if I recall; and Reboxx also once
made some excellent engineering plastic bearing inserts."

I have at least one pair of Eastern Car Works 70 ton trucks operating on a
UP CH-70-1 [ covered hopper ]. This truck is made of "soft" plastic, is
without any insert, and the metal wheels are expected at some time [ no
doubt during an op session ] to cause a hot box...thus spreading the unhappy
car's contents on Sherman Hill...probably in Brucef...uh...Buford. Believing
that realism is to be welcomed, I look forward to this event...although I
doubt the population [ 1 ] of Buford will be as pleased.

Mike brock

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/