From: davesnyder59 <davesnyder59@...>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 11:04 AM
Subject: [STMFC] Planked vs plankless trucks.

Group, I have been trying to get my head around freight car trucks and seem to be as lost as ever. What is meant by planked vs plankless trucks and how would you visually discriminate between them. Other than the stand out trucks like Vulcans, Chrysler, Archbar, National B-1's, and a few others, they all are so similar I can't readily identify one from another. They all look like "Bettendorfs" to me. TIA.

Dave Snyder
Louisville, Ky.