Re: Steam Era Flat Cars: o scale

Gene <bierglaeser@...>

--- In STMFC@..., Richard Hendrickson wrote:

On Jan 2, 2013, at 10:08 AM, "Gene" wrote:
<snip>
CGW had none.
Not true, Gene. CGW owned 200 flat cars numbered 3800-3999 which were built to the AAR standard 50 ton design. Some were used in piggyback service and, later, some had end bulkheads applied.

Richard Hendrickson
By golly, you are right! I tried to use my memory instead of going to the source documents. I guess what I didn't remember was that my memory isn't so good sometimes. In this case my "source documents" are CGW equipment diagrams which are sometimes not the best way to determine the actual design of a car.

Gene Green