Re: seaboard boxcar

golden1014

Tom,

Tony's article in his blog is excellent. FYI, we did an exhaustive article in The Seaboard-Coast Line Modeler in 2009 that covered the prototype SAL cars and modeling using both the Atlas and Sunshine models. That article is in Vol 3, No. 1, 1st Quarter 2009 edition (we call that issue "SCLM #7").

The Atlas cars are around--just have to look hard. You might also try the HOInterchange list on Yahoo Groups. I've found a ton of hard-to-get items there.

John Golden
O'Fallon, IL

--- In STMFC@..., "tomedill@..." wrote:

would like to build a model of Seaboard boxcar using an Atlas 1932 body style 2 kit, part #20 000 171 if anyone has one for sale or possible trade. thanks, Tom Dill