Re: UP B-50-11 cut lever?

FRANK PEACOCK

Al, Someone surely has the answer about the uncoupling device on the B-50-11. I have it, but my negatives are in the bank and I leave for the Beach tomorrow. I assume this can't wait until I return. As an aside remember that the Hutchins roof has what I guess could be called minor corrugations between the carlines. On the car that I measured at Heber they were 1 1/2 wide x 3/16 high. Also the I beam C sill was (is) 12 x 24. FHP (Frank H. Peacock)

To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
From: abrown@fit.edu
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 19:03:05 +0000
Subject: [STMFC] UP B-50-11 cut lever?

Would anyone happen to know what kind of cut levers these cars had late in their careers, say after WWII? The CYC diagram shows a Carmer (TS CYC 35, pp 262-263; reprinted from the 1919 Car Builder's Dictionary). I don't have a late-in-life picture of the B-50-11 boxcar that shows the cut lever; the photos I've seen of S-40-10 stock-car rebuilds show top-operated rotary levers (Shake & Take photo section).

-- Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.