Re: Fowler Boxcar

MDelvec952

endeimling@... writes:

The photo was shot at
the Rio Vista California museum. Anyone know?
Hi Gene,

Anyone know what? The car is at Rio Vista Junction, and it's a fine example
having been painted since being in captivity. Each of the half-dozen times
I've been to that museum the M&St.L car was never in a position for a decent
photograph. I once tried to assemble a photo freight there, and I wanted
that car and a few others in the consist. Such operations aren't common in
California and the principles thought it would be too much trouble at any
price. There is different leadership now.

Rio Vista Junction is an interurban/trolley museum with its focus primarily
on the Sacramento Northern, but it has a pretty amazing collection of freight
cars from various eras, some dating to WWI. It's worth a visit if traveling
between Oakland and Sacramento.

....Mike