From: Bruce F. Smith <smithbf@...>
To: "STMFC@..." <STMFC@...>
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2013 9:14 PM
Subject: RE: [STMFC] Determining car dimensions from photographs.

Scott,

I'm not sure what you're looking for, but the math is simple rations

You need to divide the measure something on the photo by the known dimension of that item. That is then set equal to another measured item on the photo, divided by "X" (the real measure of the item)

For example, if a 33" wheel measures 1" on the photo and the height of the carbody measures 10" on the photo, then

1"/33" = 10"/X

Solve for X (cross multiply) and X = 330"

Regards
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL