From: potomacyard <dlsweeney@...>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:00 PM
Subject: [STMFC] 1937 AAR Box Car, CN Series 480715-481764

Tim and list,
The True Line Trains 1937's look very nice, but I'm hoping that the CCF-built cars (480715-481764) were closer to what we are familiar with as far as commercially-available U.S. prototypes. I am brazenly proceeding to section about a scale 4 inches off the height of one of my 17 Athearn yellow-box modified 1937's, replace the ends with I-M round corner 1937's, and replace the doors with I-M 1937's. The Athearn raised-panel Murphy roof will be retained. Somebody please burst my bubble before I get too far (right now it just looks like a styrene flat kit).
Thanks!
Dan Sweeney, Jr.
Alexandria, VA

--- In STMFC@..., timboconnor@... wrote:

Don't forget that True Trains of Canada also has a 1937 AAR design box car model.
They make the roof and end variations found on Canadian-built cars.

http://www.truelinetrains.ca/freight-cars/1937-40-box-car