Re: Pennsy X43b

Tim O'Connor

Clark, IC 31096 had an APEX rb as far as I know. Only 31500-31999 had
Morton rbs. BLT didn't give you a rectangular panel roof? Surprising,
since they were usually good about that detail. Although BLT made a
4/4 'rolling pin' end I don't think they did the "IDE-2" (using Hawkins
classification) -- only Intermountain did that one. I think 30500-31249
had Universal hand brakes. Did BLT at least get the doors right? 7p SUP
with Camel hardware. A photo of IC 31049 shows ASF A-3 trucks -- BLT only
did the Barber S-2-A which was just as popular a design.

Tim O'Connor

I just picked up a Branchline IC 30500-31999 car. It appears the particular car I want to model, 31096, had different ends, roof, hand brake, running board and trucks than what is included in the BLT kit.