Från: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] För richtownsend@...
Skickat: den 20 januari 2013 20:41
Till: STMFC@...
Ämne: [STMFC] D&RGW 60200 series (ex-65100 series)
I have a question regarding the D&RGW 60200 series (ex-65100 series) automobile cars. These are the pre-WWII PSC cars with the unique 6-foot and 9-foot doors. The side panels to the left of the doors have rows of closely-spaced rivets where the panels overlap. Outboard of these are rows of more widely-spaced rivets, presumably attaching the side sheets to the cars' internal structure. Here's my problem: in the few photos of these cars I have seen the closely-spaced rivet rows are obvious, but eh widely-spaced ones seem to be absent. At first I thought this was just a trick of the lighting, but closer examination of the photos leads me to question this. Does anyone know what the real situation is? Here's an example from the fallen flags site: http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/drgw/drgw60318csa.jpg

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, Oregon