Half-Vast??

ALLEN STANLEY

Hi All,

Nothing is too vast in this realm. Precisely the reason most things dont get done. If we were talking investing money then yes, dont start with half vast resources. Look around at what has been done in many areas. Larry Ostresh & Eric Lombard have compiled vast files on production and fleets of freight cars most arent aware of. Three of us are compiling an all time database of every steam locomotive ever operated in N America. I have accumulated 600,000+ pages of rosters, builders lists, diagrams etc to support that. Nothing but years of searching anyone could have done.

If nothing is started nothing is ever gained. Whatever the project it would have no hope of ever being complete because so much has been lost or otherwise destroyed but why not attempt to find as much as one can. Once a project gains some momentum is is amazing what turns up. Thirty plus years ago I started preserving copies of diagram books and track charts, etc. Today there are thousands of books scanned because I bothered to take the time to find them and preserve a copy. If I can do that with just sweat why cant others? Too vast to start??

Not tooting my horn, just trying to get others to pick up a horn and start playing. Might just find the rest of a band along the way easier than you think!!

Allen Stanley
Railroad Data Exchange
Greer, SC

For GOD so loved the world that he gave his only begotten SON, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:16