Re: Easy brake detailing for Accurail (and other?) boxcars

StephenK

I just heard from Eric at Accurail on this and he tells me that future 40' steel boxcar kits will include this part, with a newly tooled mounting hole in the under frame. I think this is a big improvement over the previous design.

Steve Kay

--- In STMFC@..., "StephenK" wrote:

Accurail is showing a new use for the brake piping they supply on the AAR 41' gondola kit. They are selling the part separately to mount on their 40' boxcar. I tried one on a Accurail underframe I was using to upgrade a TRIX ACR UP boxcar and, with only a few minutes work, made a big visual improvement.

I cannot vouch for the authenticity of this, but from the side it looks good.

Check this: http://www.accurail.com/accurail/brakeset.htm

Steve Kay