The wheels on the bus go round and round, was Re: Revell Flatcar

David

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, timboconnor@... wrote:

Bruce, I know that's true, but how common was 156lb rail on the PRR, really? I grew up in PRR territory and none
of the rail I ever saw was 156lb. Of course I didn't go out on the Middle Division, maybe that's where they used it...
IIRC the 156# stuff was only used on the line from Pittsburgh up to the Lake Erie ore docks, and maybe a handful of other small locations. The rest of the main system was the usual 120-130# rail that everyone else used for heavy traffic. Code 100 rail really should be banished from HO on general principle.

David Thompson