Re: Ford Auto Part Shipments

Steve Haas

<<I am seeking information on the traffic patterns for auto parts out of
Ford's Rouge plant to their assembly plant in Seattle, WA (circa 1930).>>

Guy,

As luck would have it, I've been browsing through Terry Metcalfe's "Union
Pacific Freight Cars -1936 - 1951". In the back of this book are several
appendices, some of which denote cars assigned to Ford in Detroit. While
the information provided does not specifically speak to the Detroit -
Seattle routing, there may be information in those tables that will help in
your quest.

Best regards,

Steve Haas
Snoqualmie, WA