Re: News from Model Shapeways & UPS

Dean Payne

I have two of the underframes, and I've heard that Bestine rubber cement thinner is the best way to clean the waxy residue off. I've been trying to think of other ways to clean them... and finally broke down and went to Michael's yesterday to pick up some Bestine. But... it was $17 a pint! I'm thinking this may be my only chance I'll ever use Bestine... But I was willing to spend maybe $5, not $17. What other methods work for cleaning Shapeways parts prior to gluing/painting?

Dean Payne

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Bill Welch <fgexbill@...> wrote:

I received word this PM from UPS that a parcel from "Model Shapeways"
was heading my way, which means my UTLX underframe has been
"printed." (How strange that is to say?!) Excellent turn around on
the order. Could not help but note that The President mentioned a new
3-D printing facility was coming on-line in Youngstown, OH and the
potential importance of this new technology to our industrial
economy. Looks like it will arrive in time to qualify as a birthday
present to myself.

Bill Welch
2225 Nursery Road; #20-104
Clearwater, FL 33764-7622