From: <jamessix@centurylink.net>
To: <golden1014@yahoo.com>; <wcalloway@nc.rr.com>; "ACL-SAL-SCLmodeler@yahoogroups.com" <acl-sal-sclmodeler@yahoogroups.com>; <adbyrne@ieee.org>; <amall@wi.rr.com>; <baltimore_and_ohio@yahoogroups.com>; <big_o_jeep@yahoo.com>; <cnwprd@msn.com>; <cofgmodeler@yahoogroups.com>; <contact@nkphts.org>; <contact@proto87.com>; <crip-rr@yahoogroups.com>; <crrlist@yahoogroups.com>; <dawatiff@gmail.com>; <detailswest@roadrunner.com>; <Djrozick@aol.com>; <doughunt2014@hotmail.com>; <fortyrounds@hotmail.com>; <garrhistory@yahoogroups.com>; <Glenn@mulletrivermodelworks.com>; <homanfamily@fuse.net>; <ic_geeps@yahoo.com>; <illinois-central-model@yahoogroups.com>; <larry@intermountain-railway.com>; <mec-bml@sbcglobal.net>; <mjarman1@comcast.net>; <mononinmonon@yahoo.com>; <mo-pac1@charter.net>; <mopac1@classicnet.net>; <mstl@yahoogroups.com>; <nkpcldon@accs.net>; "nycbigfour@comcast.net" <NYCBigFour@comcast.net>; <oscalekings@yahoogroups.com>; <passengercarlist@yahoogroups.com>; <pbsmith@earthlink.net>; <president@mrha.com>; <protomeets@yahoogroups.com>; <prr-modeling@yahoogroups.com>; <rastlr@gmail.com>; <rirailfan@yahoo.com>; <rix@rixproducts.com>; <rmvelten@swbell.net>; <rmwitt@indy.rr.com>; "RPM-forum@yahoogroups.com" <rpm-forum@yahoogroups.com>; <sales@bachmanntrains.com>; <S-CLmodeler@yahoogroups.com>; <stmfc@yahoogroups.com>; <tandocrr@mail.com>; <tdschmidt2009@hotmail.com>; <tegsss@yahoo.com>; <thermalpiglet@yahoo.com>; <tpswan@charter.net>; <user425711@earthlink.net>; <virginianrailwayenthusiasts@yahoogroups.com>; <wabashrr@swbell.net>; <ward@iowatelecom.net>; <weathering@yahoogroups.com>; <wrighttrakmodels@yahoogroups.com>; <zoe@iquest.net>; <nmramts@charter.net>; <rrfaned@aol.com>; <rschumacher@stlcc.edu>; "chris" <crm@inlink.com>; "Ben Bartlett" <b3j2c@yahoo.com>; "John Harker" <j.harker@att.net>; <dmdecals@tm.net>; <gdhampton@earthlink.net>; <nh370@comcast.net>; <randy@coffmaneng.com>; <christopher@railflyermodel.com>; <hank@gatewaynmra.org>
Cc: "Dan Kohlberg" <paducah@mindspring.com>; "Lonnie Bathurst" <bathurst@litchfieldil.com>; "Clark Propst (New)" <cepropst@q.com>; <Timothy.stout@ymail.com>; "Bob Amsler" <legal@hq.nmra.org>; "Loren Casey" <ljcasey1@gmail.com>; "Dave Roeder" <jardgr44@aol.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2013 7:35 AM
Subject: [STMFC] Michiana Division Education and Training Conference & Workshops

Folks,
If you need a model railroading “fix” before August please consider the following.
Jim Six
Millersburg IN

NMRA Michiana Division Education and Training Conference & Workshops

It’s that time once again to announce and begin promoting the Michiana Division’s annual model railroading symposium. Only this year is is no longer the symposium. After a lot of work and effort on the part of many people we are now the NMRA Michiana Division Education and Training Conference & Workshops. Yes, that is a mouthful, but it clearly describes what we are all about.

The event has been transformed from an RPM meet several years ago to a happening where model roaders can come to learn how to be better at model railroading. Instead of focusing on models and people, we have worked hard to make the event one that is focused on YOU and your NEEDS. You are the “learner” and the Michiana E&T Conference and Workshops are learner focused.

Subjects are carefully selected to address your needs whether you are still planning your layout or have already started and have one in progress. Sixteen different subjects are included in two days of dynamite learning! Each class and workshop will be presented in a professional manner and will provide information you need or the hands-on experience you cannot easily get elsewhere. Our “teachers” are some of the best-known and most experienced in the hobby.

Dave Schroedle and Chris Thompson will lead a daylong workshop giving participants an opportunity to learn how to weather their models with hands-on experience. Jim Six will conduct a hands-on workshop teaching you how to create photo backdrops using Photoshop Elements. You will need to bring you laptop with Photoshop Elements already installed. Those without the laptop can attend and learn from Jim and others. We have worked hard to minimize conflicts so that you will be able to attend most classes and both workshops.

Where does the layout end and backdrop begin? Come find out and how to do scenes such as this for your layout! How do experienced modelers get
their models to look like this Wabash boxcar. Learn how to weather your fleet in our freight cars for realism at the hands-on weathering workshops!

Location

The past several years has been one of transformations for this event. We have moved from a “beer hall” to railroad museum, and now on to a professional conference center with fantastic facilities and attractions for the spouse! The 2013 NMRA Michiana Division E&T Conference and Workshops will be located at Das Dutchman Essenhaus Inn and Conference Center in Middlebury, Indiana – only a few minutes south of Interstate 80/90 exit 101 (Indiana SR 15) or exit 107 (Indiana SR 13). Accommodations are available at Das Essenhaus Inn. Das Essenhaus has what is arguably the finest family restaurant in all of Michiana. The entire facility is Amish with restaurant, bakery, all sorts of shops, horse-drawn buggy tours all available on site. Shipshewana, the heart of Amish country is only fifteen minutes away. Guys, bring your wives. They will love it!

Das Dutchman Essenhaus: http://www.essenhaus.com/ You can make hotel reservations from this website.

Das Essenhaus Inn and Conference Center

Contact Bob Blake at rm7blake@earthlink.net for additional information.