From: sartherdj <sartherdj@aol.com>
To: STMFC <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Fri, Mar 8, 2013 11:07 am
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Advertising Photos of Freight Car Roofs

Stanray was a large corporation that bought up many other businesses in the early 1960's. I worked at one such company, John Gillen & Company, in Cicero during summers of 1962 and 1963. Stanray also owned a company that manufactured boats (the name escapes me now) as well as Standard Railway Equipment Company. Eventually, Stanray spun off many of their subsidiaries to Pepsico and later IC Industries if I recall the merger, acquisition and sales history of the Gillen Company correctly.

Later, Dave Sarther Tucson, AZ