Rail Movements of Perishables into Boston

Bill Welch

I have accumulated a nice file of photos of the Produce Mkt. area in Boston, the Faneuil Hall/Quincy Street/Clinton Street area.

I am curious if someone on this list can tell me how deliveries by rail of Perishables would have made it to this area? I am assuming wagons and then trucks. What was the distance? In the aerials I see no obvious railroad connection nearby. My assumption is the NYNH&H would have handled the FGE/WFE/BRE traffic. Did this railroad go in to Boston?

Bill Welch