Re: NORTHERN PACIFIC 41' FLAT CAR

Tim O'Connor

They were never in revenue service as far as I know. The number
series 200000 and above was for company service cars, and lists
several thousand cars without specifying what any of them are in
the ORER's.

Tim O'Connor

When were these in revenue service, and what was their number series?

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@..., WILLIAM PARDIE <PARDIEW001@...> wrote:

A question that I have been unsuccessfully seeking an answer for a number of years might be
more revalent now. Central Valley has recently released a model of a Northern Pacific 41'
flat car. There is a photo of the model on CV's website. It is finished with a late lettering scheme.
This is as per a photo that Jack Parker was kind enough to share with me some years back. I
believe that earlier in its career this car was lettered with NORTHERN PACIFIC spelled out and
with Andrews trucks. I would like to find a photographic evidence of this so that i can properly
letter my car with the correct data placement.

Hopefully now that this car is on the market I can finally get an answer.

Bill Pardie