From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Noel
Widdifield
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2013 7:38 AM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [STMFC] 2nd Qtr. 2013 NYCentral Modeler Uploaded on NYCSHS Website

The latest edition of the NYCentral Modeler has just been uploaded on the
NYCSHS website. www.nycshs.org Be sure to check this one out.

NYCSHS member Charlie Crawford's layout models the NYC Adirondack Division
of the NYCS. He has vacationed in the Adirondack Mountains for many years
starting in 1976 and he loves being there. Since he can't be there all of
the time, he created a model railroad to take him there when he is away.
Join us as he tells us about his railroad and the interesting things he has
included on his layout.

This edition features articles from Alan Bell on "A Busy Day at Albany
Station", Charlie Crawford's "NYC's Adirondack Division", another in the
series from Ron Parisi on " Manhattan's Greatest Train Yard - NYC's 60th
Street Yard", the continuation of "Modeling the NYC in TT-Scale" by Paul
Pickard, and the final in series on "Kitbashing Steam Locomotives" by Tom
Bailey.

We have included a great set of drawings and modeling instructions on the
NYC&HRRR standard stockyards. This in another in the series of professional
drawings from the "NYC Engineering Department" done by Mauel Duran-Duran
developed from one of our NYCSHS Drawing DVD's. Of course, like his past
drawings, Mauel had added considerable detail and precision to the final
product. He also gives us a little history about a fairly unknown aspect of
NYCS freight operations, livestock transport.

In this issue we offer a new feature for the NYCentral Modeler. For the
first time we have two excellent layout drawings of Alan Bell's layout done
by recent NYCSHS member and layout drawing artist, Frank Knight. Frank's
layout drawings will be a regular offering in future editions.

This is the largest NYCentral Modeler to date with almost 100 pages packed
with NYCS modeling information and photos. This is our eighth edition and
includes several pages of new products, new book and magazine highlights,
and letters to the editor.
Our president, Rich Stoving, in his regular column, asks us, "Who Are You".
In it, he talks about how he likes to "Model Railroad" and reminds us of the
many ways to enjoy our great hobby of modeling the NYCS.

To enjoy this edition and all of the other seven follow the instructions
below and let us know what you think.

Noel Widdifield
Editor, NYCentral Modeler
NYCBigFour@comcast.net