From: james <bi291@yahoo.com>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 3:59 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Carstens reefer

There was a Carstens meat packing plant located in the Tideflats area of Tacoma WA. The cursive "Carstens" on the refer is very similar to the lettering used on their tractor-trailers in the 1950s.
Jim Murrie
Lakewood, WA

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "spsalso" <Edwardsutorik@...> wrote:

An interesting bit from the MR forum:

There was a Carstens reefer. A full size one. Maybe more than one.

Anyway, there's a photo on this site (about 3/4 page down)

http://sbiii.com/rr4.html

If we're flinging the word "cute" around, it would certainly stick to this car.

I figure there's only one ice bunker, not one on each end. And I also figure the door on the other side lines up with the one on this side.

Ed

Edward Sutorik: