Re: Carstens reefer

I had planned to do this prototype as a kit but put it off for lack of modeler interest. Why didn’t you guys start this thread five years ago? – Al Westerfield

From: Douglas Harding
Sent: Saturday, March 23, 2013 7:14 PM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Cc: Railway_Bull_Shippers_Group@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [STMFC] Re: Carstens reefer

Forgot to add, the logo painted on the Carstens reefer is the logo they used
on their delivery trucks, visible in a photo taken in the late 20's. It does
not show in photos taken in 1909 of delivery wagons. I have no idea if this
logo was ever used on a reefer, I have no photo or drawing to show.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org