From: "Rio Grande Ltd" <rgmodels@aol.com>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:39:38 AM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Moldy smell in Old  Railway Equipment Registers

you might ask a local museum.

eric

-----Original Message-----
From: water.kresse <water.kresse@comcast.net>
To: STMFC <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tue, Mar 26, 2013 8:36 am

Great question Larry . . . . I would like to know also . . . and so would my wife.  Al Kresse

Been following the great discussions on Steam era equipment and alot of Information quoted is from Old Guides and similar publications.....I have acquired several over the years and most have a pretty moldy smell....How do you fellows take care of this....Registers are in pretty good shape except for odor....Thanks....Larry Mennie