information value of RP Cyc issues

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

No doubt many on this list have been buying some or all of the RP Cyc issues as they come out. I just want to stress how valuable the information in them is, and to thank Ed Hawkins and Pat Wider for the richness of their contributions.
An example of the kind of debt I owe this publication and its writers is my column in the April 2013 issue of _Model Railroad Hobbyist_ (like all issues of MRH, it is available free for download; for this month, see: http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/magazine/mrh-2013-04-apr ). In that column, I talk about "signature" freight cars of selected railroads, but the great majority of the citations to sources of prototype information are to RP Cyc.
Incidentally, I have also discussed the "signature freight car" concept in my blog, in this post:

http://modelingthesp.blogspot.com/2013/04/signature-freight-cars.html

Publishers of books on railroad history