Re: Photo collection with several steam era freight car images

Don <riverman_vt@...>

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@...> wrote:

On Apr 16, 2013, at 1:09 PM, caboose9792@... wrote:

Somewhere in my vast archive of material I have an article about a company
doing that for roofing granules. I believe the article or one like it was
in the trainshed cyclopedia series of books.
Mark, that was probably the Barrett Company, who in the '40s converted 80 old tank cars into what amounted to covered hoppers for roofing granules.

Richard Hendrickson
Hello Richard,

Could these have been the tank cars with the "live bottoms" having an endless conveyor system built into them that I have seen somewhere?

Cordially, Don Valentine