Re: Railway Express Agency Article

Benjamin Hom

Wow. Lots of misinformation flying around on this thread. Let's set
some things straight:

Chuck Hladik wrote:
"Vic also did a book about modeling the REA. I think by Carsten's and
pretty sure it was a conglomeration of the articles."

Vic Roseman authored "Railway Express - An Overview", but the rest of
Chuck's post is incorrect. The book was published in 1992 by Rocky
Mountain Publishing (the post-Schleicher publisher of Model
Railroading). While it includes material from his series in Model
Railroading, it expands on what was previously published and is NOT
strictly a conglomeration of articles.

Scott Haycock wrote:
"IIRC, he did at least 2 articles on REA trucks, but I think they
were in Model Railroading Mag, not RMJ. I found one, on cowl-length
trucks in the Dec 2003 issue."

Here's a link to that article:
http://www.trainlife.com/magazines/pages/166/12048/december-2003-page-42

Not entirely true. The article that Bill Pardie was looking for was
in the January 2008 issue of Railmodel Journal.
http://www.trainlife.com/magazines/pages/1/50/january-2008-page-50

Additionally, Vic did an additional article on REA trucks in the May
1991 issue of Model Railroading.
http://www.trainlife.com/magazines/pages/215/15828/may-1991-page-14

Ben Hom