Re: Train Miniature

Clark Propst

I agree with Tony, At the time we were happy with TM, their offerings broke up the Athrean monotony. I remember repainting several cars for local roads.
When I see them at swap meets now I still smile...
Clark Propst

Richard is certainly right about the TM models from today's perspective, but remember that when they appeared, they offered a starting point for the ARA single-sheathed box car, and a decent body for an X29, despite its limitations. In that day and age, many modelers were delighted to re-detail that X29 (and if serious, to correct the truck spacing) because there was NOTHING ELSE. How soon we forget.

Publishers of books on railroad history