Re: Train Miniature

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Al Westerfield wrote:
I can remember the first TM cars I ever saw, at a hobby shop in Beacon, NY. I bought all that the dealer had. For their time they were wonderful. One of the reasons I got into the business was that I couldn't bear to see all of those cars rolling by with the same height and length. -
Well said, Al. I too remember these cars as a revelation when they appeared: a whole bunch of DIFFERENT cars. That the TM folks mixed and matched (in some cases) roofs, ends and sides that had no prototype, or that every house car had the identical underframe, didn't seem so important then. After all, we were used to living with the Athearn "mirror image" brake gear on THEIR underframes . . .

Publishers of books on railroad history