----- Original Message -----
From: "Anthony Thompson" <thompson@...>

Most obvious problem with the model car body is door width (the Red Caboose doors are too narrow by a foot). The large block lettering of the road name was introduced in the fall of 1955, so would definitely have to be replaced for your era. As SP, the roof and ends would be BCR. The side sill should be straight along the entire car length (this is easy to do with a strip of scale 1 x 6-inch styrene overlay), but IIRC the Red Caboose car already has this. If you like, I can send you a prototype photo off-list of one of these cars as it would be in 1946.

Tony Thompson