Re: ADMIN: Re: -reply from Testors to email inquiry

Armand Premo

John,Sir,Tru Color Paint has more freight car colors than Floquil.It dries quickly with a glossy finish ready for decaling (If you can find any).It was previously marketed as Accu Paint.Most modelers will make necessary adjustments to fill the void.Who knows who will come forward with an even better solution.Armand Premo

----- Original Message -----
From: John
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2013 3:35 PM
Subject: ADMIN: Re: [STMFC] -reply from Testors to email inquiry

Tom,

Smart post--I hate to send "Me Too" posts but I agree with you. The modeling community always finds a work-around to problems, and thankfully there are plenty of guys out there with just enough risk capital to keep some products going. Maybe Floquil products will be one of those success stories. Boycotting a company going out of business is complete nonsense. A totally unproductive response.

I'm also concerned that the loss of the Floquil lines might kill off a lot of hobby shops. Brick-and-mortar hobby shops make a lot of money off paint and painting supplies, and this could really hit 'em in the shorts. Imagine the day when Floquil is gone and ScaleCoat is hard to get--what will be left on the shelves?

Required Content: I use a lot of Floquil to paint and highlight my STMFCs--a lot of MM too. I will miss the variety of BC Reds and Browns, along with structure colors. They're essential finishing tools IMO. I will also miss how hearty these paints are, as opposed to the wonderful but uncooperative ScaleCoat, which I purchase in it's pre-Jelly state.

John Golden
O'Fallon, IL