Re: automotive lacquer (was ...Testors...)

mforsyth127

Jon Miller wrote:

Actually, I meant that as a kind of joke. It is/was used as
advertising with modelers paint but I forget the last time I saw it.

John,

So did I.

There might be a tiny kernel of truth about the particulate size of pigments in some paints for modeling use, but given my own experience using a host of different types/kinds of paint on models in various scales, I've always thought is was more of a marketing ploy than anything. It's all about how the product is thinned and applied.

So, just how big does a molecule of carbon black have to be, before it starts to hide the rivets on the side of your hopper model?

M. Forsyth