Re: L&NE and CNJ 50 ton hoppers -- appropriate models?

Brian Carlson

Ed: I don't know if you have Kadee's ear but I for one would love to see
them produce the closely spaced Z section end. I'd buy lots of the B&O cars,
and the P&S.

Brian J. Carlson, P.E.

Cheektowaga, NY

While the LNE had some cars with the same sides, they used a different
end arrangement than the Kadee model. It would require a new pair of
ends having closely-spaced Z-section end posts. With the same new pair
of ends, the Kadee model would be also accurate for several thousand
B&O N-41/N-44 cars with conventional AAR-type underframes in addition
to one series for P&S.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins