nyc 706970 gondola - modelling question

Robert kirkham

So I've had a little off-line help with this project and can now correct my earlier comments about the drop end doors: these cars did have drop end doors.

Now I'm preparing some drawings for a model and wonder about a dimension. The inside length is 50' on this car. I don't have a dimension for the thickness of the drop doors. I could simply borrow a dimension from the P2K model, but wondering if there is a better way of estimating the dimension.

I'm going to have a look at the some Cyc drawings from the era and see what I can find, but thought I'd ask here too.

Rob Kirkham