Re: Airbrushing Resin Kits

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Bill Welch wrote:
A few years ago I used Gray and Yellow Scalecoat paints custom mixed for Des Planes Hobbies to match the Clinchfield to paint two F5's and two GP7's and carefully dispensed what I needed each time, thinning it as I went. I barely finished painting the four models and the required slight touch-ups before the main bottles became unusable. Very frustrating. Ended up using a Tamiya yellow to do some stand off details I forgot to paint.
Having had the same experience a few times with Scalecoat, I quit using it years ago. The newer paints such as Tru-Color are quite nice and give a beautiful finish. I find myself using them more and more.

Publishers of books on railroad history