Re: Airbrushing Resin Kits

Craig Zeni

On May 25, 2013, at 10:52 PM, STMFC@... wrote:

2a. Airbrushing Resin Kits
Posted by: "radiodial868" radiodial@... radiodial868
Date: Sat May 25, 2013 4:27 pm ((PDT))

While the spring loaded "expander" handle works fine for car bodies with removable shells, what does one use to hold assembled Westerfield and Sunshine models for spray-painting? Any tips?
I usually build my resin box cars with the floor removable and secured to the body with blocks of 1/4" styrene and some 0-80 screws. None of us have ever had weights come loose in cars, have we? :)

The ones where I cannot do that, I use old shop truck sideframes on a lazy susan. I have a box of food preparation disposable gloves and wear one on my left hand and start by painting the underframe of the model as well as the 'downward facing' parts of the car body itself - the bottom of door ribs, end ribs, ladders, etc etc. That being finished, I put the model on my lazy susan and finish painting the thing. YMMV of course.

Craig Zeni
Cary NC