Re: AAR 70 ton truck help

Richard Hendrickson

On May 25, 2013, at 7:52 PM, Brian Carlson <prrk41361@...> wrote:

I need to find a pair of AAR 70 ton trucks with Spring Planks for use under
a READING 70 ton Bethlehem gondola, Tangent HO model. I'm drawing a blank on
models of 70 ton trucks with spring planks. Help please.

Brian, the 70 trucks that Intermountain uses on their two bay covered hoppers have spring planks. They actually represent Barber S-2 spring plank trucks, as they have the triangular snubber pockets molded into the ends of the bolsters, but that's a subtle detail (and could be carved out with a tiny chisel blade, if it bothers you). The last time I looked, IM didn't show these trucks in their on-line catalog as being available separately, but you might give them a call.

Richard Hendrickson