Re: Shipping a plane on TOP of a boxcar?

Richard Hendrickson

On May 30, 2013, at 8:49 AM, Jon Miller <atsf@izap.com> wrote:

On 5/30/2013 3:52 AM, benjaminfrank_hom wrote:
If anyone has any ideas about what's going on, please let me know."
SWAG; Given the era it's possible that with no overhead problems the
plane might have been transported a short distance (x miles). Not sure
that a truck, at that time and road conditions, could have done the job.
Looking up E.W. Wiggins in Wikipedia has some interesting
information. Could we assume the picture is 1929+?
Yes. The Piper Cub was introduced in the mid-1930s.

Richard Hendrickson