From: benjaminfrank_hom <b.hom@att.net>
Subject: [STMFC] Re: bizarre MP flat car
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, June 4, 2013, 7:51 PM

John Degnan wrote:

[ Reference http://www.ebay.com/itm/400483491282 ]

"I can't speak to the origin of the flat car... but... believe it or

not, those trucks are available in HO scale! But you gotta buy a

Bachmann Caboose to get them as I cannot find them listed separately on

the Bachmann site."

http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/160-16806

I respectfully disagree. The trucks may have leaf springs, but the

sideframe profie, particularly the top chord, is a poor match to the

prototype trucks. A better match is this truck:

http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/933-1004

It's out of stock at Walthers, but if you can find a pair on the

secondary market and add Precision Scale leaf springs, you'd have a

much closer match to the prototype.

Ben Hom