Re: PFE BR-40-10 in May RMC

Tony Thompson

I thought the IM R-40-10 predated the R-40-23 also. However. I wasn’t as into prototype modeling when the cars came out so I am not sure. I am waiting for Tony Thompson or Richard Hendrickson to respond.
Sorry for the slow reply, as i was at an operating session all day. I too was baffled by the article, since I can see no reason not to do the same detail modifications to the InterMountain R-40-10 and avoid changing ends. And BTW, the color information in the article is wrong. The PFE cars were painted Dark Olive Green, most surely NOT Pullman Green, though in fact both are pretty dark greens in indoor lighting.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history