Re: Weathering freight cars

Tony Thompson

Jim Betz wrote:
Some guys seem to have done "fairly well" with thin acrylic washes that are "just a few shades off of the color of the paint they are trying to fade" ... I have not been able to do that. And those guys I'm talking about - don't do it on "lots of models" ... one or two and then they go back to "regular" weathering.
Gee, Jim, I've done exactly that on several hundred freight cars, including a lot of Otis McGee's fleet. Give me a call and you can come over for a demo. <g>

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@signaturepress.com
Publishers of books on railroad history