Re: Digest Number 8040

Jim Betz

Tony,

I think you misunderstood me. It wasn't well said either. I
wasn't saying "acrylic washes don't work". I use acrylic washes
(and acrylic dry brush techniques) for almost all of my weathering
and have been doing so for several years now (I used to do most
of my weathering using Floquil lacquer weathering colors and an
air brush and have pretty much abandoned that ...).

What I was talking about was using acrylic washes to achieve
that "faded paint" look (not the dirt but the overall color).

If you have techniques for getting that effect ... I am -very-
interested and will definitely schedule a visit.
- Jim