Re: Evidence for loading SFRD reefers on the SP

Tony Thompson

Ken Roth wrote:
Perhaps "wonderful mix" was a bad choice of words, implying that I am not trying for realistic proportions of cars. For the record, I own exactly two SFRD reefers against many PFE's representative of the PFE classes appearing in my logs, as well as two ART reefers. I have no plans for more SFRD's.

er
I see what you mean. But for data, you can read my 2011 blog post, link below. Out of 1102 reefers in SP conductor books I analyzed, there were exactly 2 SFRD cars, far less than FGE or MDT, to name two; and less than 0.1 percent. Your call how to run your fleet.

http://modelingthesp.blogspot.com/2011/02/modeling-freight-traffic-coast-line.html

Tony Thompson