Re: Frustrations with Sunshine's Kit #104-2 NJI&I 3000 series #104-2

Bill Welch

Yes Bruce is correct, I committed a typo with the "4." instead of a "5."

I want to emphasize that this is the only kit I ever encountered form Sunshine with this size problem. The situation with the ends is bizarre and totally out of character with the line in my experience of building well over 200 Sunshine kits.

Bill Welch

--- In STMFC@..., "Bruce F. Smith" <smithbf@...> wrote:

Just to clarify... I think Bill had a typo... the two sides are not 1" different in length, are they?

Bruce Smith

Auburn, AL

On Jun 19, 2013, at 11:45 AM, Pierre wrote:

Bill's description of the issues he's having mirror exactly the issues I had when I first saw that kit.
It's not a packing issue.
Pierre OLiver

--- In STMFC@...<mailto:STMFC@...>, Monk Alan <Alan.Monk@> wrote:

Bill,

It possible that the kit was incorrectly packed and/or contains incorrect parts. Certainly the disparity in side lengths would indicate that.

I had one about 2 years back (MoPac 36' rebuilt boxcar), which contained sides that were clearly 40' long and somewhat lacking in height compared to the ends!

Luckily, I'd only started cleaning flash off when I noticed, so re-packed and returned the whole kit for a replacement (which was correct in every regard)

Hence I now always visually check the contents for completeness and size when the kit first arrives.

So it might be worth contacting Sunshine to arrange a swap, depending on how far into construction you've got?

HTH,
Alan Monk
Reading, UK

The contents of this e-mail and any attached files are confidential. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately at postmaster@ and remove it from your system. If received in error, please do not use, disseminate, forward, print or copy this email or its content. Transport for London excludes any warranty and any liability as to the quality or accuracy of the contents of this email and any attached files.

Transport for London is a statutory corporation whose principal office is at Windsor House, 42-50 Victoria Street, London, SW1H 0TL. Further information about Transport for LondonĂ¢?Ts subsidiary companies can be found on the following link: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/about-tfl/4510.aspx

Although TfL have scanned this email (including attachments) for viruses, recipients are advised to carry out their own virus check before opening any attachments, as TfL accepts no liability for any loss, or damage which may be caused by viruses.