Re: SEEKING PHOTO HELP

Richard Hendrickson

On Jun 23, 2013, at 11:09 AM, WILLIAM PARDIE <PARDIEW001@HAWAII.RR.COM> wrote:
I have quite a few photos of the Santa Fe BX-3 / BX-6 boxcars in their
original format with KD brakes and the vertical staff handbrake. does
anyone know of any p;hotos of these cars with AB brakes and the power
handbrake?
Bill, I have a broadside photo of a Bx-3 in work service that clearly shows the arrangement of the AB brake equipment, and I am sending you a scan off-list. As far as I know, the Bx-3s and Bx-6s didn't get power handbrakes except for a small number of cars with the outside sheathing stripped off which were assigned to zinc concentrate service.

Richard Hendrickson