Re: PFE 1940s Ice Reefer Decals, was PFE 1950s Ice Reefer Decals

Don <riverman_vt@...>

And what might be recommended for the 1940's, especially the postwar years?

Thanks for any response, Don Valentine

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Dick Harley <dick.harley4up@...> wrote:

After more years of procrastination than I knew I was capable, the
totally revised Microscale decal sets 87-501 (HO scale) and 60-501 (N
scale) are now available (I have one in my hand). These decals are
for 40ft wood or steel PFE ice reefers painted between June 1950 and
April 1960. The set contains two identical sheets, has lettering for
at least six cars, has capy. and dimen. data for 16 different
classes, and has plenty of extras to improve pre-painted factory
lettering.
Order through your local shop or directly from Microscale's website:
http://www.microscale.com/

This set was completely redrawn from scratch using PFE, UP and SP
drawings for the medallions and all the lettering shapes and sizes.
Then, all lettering was compared to a multitude of photos do be sure
everything was scale size and spacing. It was during that photo
comparison process when I discovered that there were two versions of
the 45-inch black & white UP medallion (due to a UP drawing
dimensioning error) - note the space above the word "UNION". Both
versions are included.

I have artwork available for anyone wanting to make decals in another
scale - including full size.

A 1960s set is in process.

Enjoy,
Dick Harley