Re: MoPac single-sheathed auto car

Tony Thompson

Ken Montero wrote:
Tony,
I did not find any mention of any specific trucks in the instructions that came with my kit. Mine was an early version (metal-filled resin castings) with "Elk Grove Village, IL" on the label.
I don't know if Al rewrote the history/instructions sheet at a later time.
The version that I have has pictures of two versions of the kit with trucks on the completed models. I will send you a scan in a separate email.
The PDF arrived fine, thanks, Ken. I appreciate it. You are right about the instructions, which say "use the trucks of your choice." I will use the Tahoe trucks suggested by Richard Hendrickson, ARA sideframes with spring planks.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@signaturepress.com
Publishers of books on railroad history