Re: Scullin trucks in HO

Thomas Olsen <tmolsen@...>

Rich,

The next truck that Brian Leppert of Tahoe Model Works is workin g on
will be a Scullin Truck. At present a delivery date has not been
announced as Brian has just released the Barber S2 truck with solid
bearings and a spring plank.

So...finish the car and put another truck on temporarily until Brian
releases his Scullin truck!

Tom Olsen
7 Boundary Road
Newark, Delaware, 19711-7479
(302) 738-4292
tmolsen@...

On 7/8/13, Tom Birkett <tnbirke@...> wrote:
Richard

For what it is worth, I believe that Scullin was owned by General American
Transportation at one time. Phillips had many GATX built cars with Scullin
truck components built under various license arrangements.

Of no modeling interest many of the early "Jumbo" pressure cars for LP Gas,
starting in 1960, had locking center pins like passenger cars. These cars,
PSPX 30001-30100 were 100 ton plain bearing, 33" wheels multi-wear wheels
on
5'-10" wheel base if I remember correctly.

Regards

Tom Birkett, Bartlesville, OK