From: Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@opendoor.com>
To: STMFC <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wed, Jul 10, 2013 3:53 pm
Subject: Re: [STMFC] 1923 NYC Box Cars

On Jul 10, 2013, at 12:30 PM, MDelvec952@aol.com wrote:

I have good photos of these cars, ends, sides, roof and even the undersides. Lackawanna got 'em with both Youngstown and Superior doors and the cars wore all three DL&W paint schemes. They were not common after the 1960 Erie merger, and no pictures have surfaced of any painted for EL.
One correction, Mike. All the cars were delivered with Youngstown corrugated doors. The Superior 6 panel doors didn't begin to replace the corrugated doors until the mid-1950s.

Richard Hendrickson