Re: Reefer Roundup revisited

Walter Cox

Thanks to all who replied to my original

In a message dated 7/11/2013 11:59:23 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tony@... writes:

Walt Cox wrote:
A secondary question was posed in the Reefer Roundup back in 2007 but
does not seem to have been answered. It concerned what might have been the
beginning of a prototypical model using an Athearn reefer and Details West
4/4 square dreadnaught ends.
Whether this change was intended to model some specific prototype, I don't
know. But if a PFE car is the goal, don't bother. The PFE class with that
end was R-40-10, and InterMountain makes an excellent R-40-10 which has
correct ends.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, _tony@...
(mailto:tony@...)
Publishers of books on railroad history